What’s so great about reverse osmosis?
It’s been called “the best water around,” so what makes reverse osmosis water taste so superior to other types of water? Reverse osmosis or hyper filtration is actually a way of filtering water to reduce particles to a molecular level. It significantly decreases the salts and other potential impurities in the water, resulting in a high quality and great-tasting product. Even more impressive is that the reverse osmosis process produces water that is better for you.
How Reverse Osmosis (RO) Works
Step 1. ION Exchange Water Softener—removes minerals like calcium and magnesium, which can cause hard water, and also conditions the water for the RO process. Step 2. Activated Charcoal Filter—removes bad tastes and odors, some micro bacteria, chlorine and some organic and inorganic contaminants*. Step 3. Five Micron Fibre Filter—removes all suspended particles larger than five microns from the water. Step 4. RO System—removes 98.7% of the remaining impurities belonging to the six contaminant categories*. Step 5. Ozonation—keeps the purified water at a "zero" bacteria level while in storage waiting to be bottled. Hours after processing, the ozone simply breaks down into oxygen.
The Six Classifications of Water Contaminants
- Bacteria and parasites—represent a major threat to your health and often result in severe cramps, diarrhea, or worse.
- Inorganic materials—include lead, mercury, asbestos, nitrate, copper, fluoride, arsenic, barium to name a few.
- Organic contaminants—include hundreds of components from sewage, industrial solvents, fuel by-products, decaying material, etc.
- Pesticides—used in agriculture to control insects.
- Herbicides—include PCB's, and numerous chemical compounds used in agriculture.
- Radionuclides—result from radio-active waste and uranium deposits.
When you want pure and great tasting water, reverse osmosis is the way to go. That’s why Country Clear Bottled Water is proud to use RO when we process our water locally. We are committed to offering only the best products to our customers.